VelaClock 2.0 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
VelaClock is a Dashboard widget for Mac OS X.
- Product Activation. What is it and why does VelaClock use it?
- Product Activation is a technology that helps prevent unauthorized copying of the software (i.e. software piracy). VelaClock uses Product Activation to reduce piracy; Over time, reduced piracy will help ensure that we can continue to develop affordable high-quality software.
- Yes. To install and register VelaClock on your second machine, follow the instructions under Registration (below).
- What are the System Requirements?
- VelaClock requires Mac OS X v. 10.4 or later.
- Yes. See this blog post.
- Click on one of the digital time boxes on the front of the widget to toggle between 12- and 24-hour time formats.
- - Flip the widget to its backside.
- Select "SPECIAL" from the top menu.
- The second menu shows 'UTC (Greenwich)'.
- Click the Add button to add UTC.
- - Click on VelaClock so that it is the "focused" widget.
- Press the up or down arrow key to move the selection up or down.
- De-select the currently selected city.
Registration and Installation
- I just purchased VelaClock from your Web Store. How do I register it?
- Or, I how do I install VelaClock on second machine?
- Download and run the widget:
- Click the "Purchase or Register" button on the back of the widget.
- Select "Enter Serial Number" and continue.
- Complete the process.
- Widget Installer warning: "This widget is already installed for all users of this computer. Only install it in this user account if you prefer to use this copy instead."
- VelaClock 1.0 appears to be installed on your machine. VelaClock 1.0 used a custom installer to place it in /Library/Widgets for all users. To remove VelaClock 1.0 and no longer see this warning, you will need to manually move /Library/Widgets/VelaClock to the Trash.